Friday, April 25, 2008

The Canadian Seal Hunt Today

All over the internet I see posts about stopping the seal hunt on the east coast of Canada. Yes, most people will not like to see young white seal pups killed. Well that's good because the white coats haven't been hunted since 1978. What you are reading about the sealing industry in mostly bullshit.

The biggest money to be made today, is not in the hunting of the seals, it's in the protesting of the seal hunt. Millions of dollars are raised in this manner every year. To actually hunt the seals, I am going to need a crew, a boat, lots of time, expense money and be willing to take some big risks. To protest the seal hunt, all I need is a computer. I can sit at home and pump out the propaganda. I am safe, warm,well fed, got my hot coffee with me too. Just send me your money so I can save the white seal pups that are not even hunted anymore.

"Jamie Tarrant reports for the Western Standard that the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) rakes in roughly US$16 million in annual donations from its anti-sealing campaigns." That's 16 million dollars made from only one animal rights group. I wonder what the total dollars raised world wide is?? Anti-sealing protesting is big business today.

Why do some many people get conned into sending their money to people who really do nothing for the seal pups at all?? The protest groups really don't want to see the seal hunt stopped at all. The seal protest industry would not want their biggest meal ticket to stop. What would they do then?? Heaven forbid that some of them might have to get a real job!!

No comments: